Summer vacation zoomed by, fortunately the Labor Day holiday happens just in the nick of time. It’s a dose of mercy for those realizing there were still more things on the summer to-do list.
Whether you’re a parent, grandparent, aunt or uncle (even an honorary one), there are children in your world that are hungry for new and exciting experiences. This state is full of opportunities. Here are a 10 ideas for family-friendly explorations.
Go ahead. Start making some special memories.
1. Garden of Yes: The Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center’s New Family Garden
2. DART Hopping: Kid-friendly excursions on the Dallas light-rail system
3. Texas Bucket List: A few places every Texan should visit
4. Art for all: Kid-friendly offerings at The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston
5. Bloomin’ Fun: Dallas Arboretum’s Rory Meyers Children’s Adventure Garden
6. Underground Wonderland: Natural Bridge Caverns Marks 50 years of amazement
7. Birds of a Feather: A Family Bird Walk at Estero Llano Grande State Park
8. Fort Worth With Kids: Three generations meet in Cowtown for a collision-course with fun
9. Boot camping: Family camping workshops cover the basics
10. Child in the Wild: Learning and bonding on a father-daughter camping trip