What is “Personal Information”?
Information that can be associated with a particular consumer or device.
Personal Information we collect
As part of our data collection to service print subscriptions, email newsletters, Mercantile purchases or other information requests, you may provide us with any of the following examples of Personal Information:
- Contact information such as name, email address, postal address and telephone number(s);
- Preferences for communications;
- Additional information as described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent, such as if you choose to submit a photo or story via a web form.
Personal Information we may automatically collect
Our web server analyzes traffic to the Site. The information we collect is used to measure traffic within our Site, improve the content of our Site and for internal review. This includes:
- IP address, which is the number associated with the service through which you access the Internet, such as through your ISP (Internet service provider);
- Date and time of your visit or use of our Websites or services;
- Domain server from which you are using our Websites or services;
- A general estimate, inferred from IP address and domain server, of the city from which you are visiting our Site, aggregated with all other users
- Type of computer, web browsers, search engine used, operating system, or platform you use;
- Your movement and activity within the Website, which is aggregated with other Personal Information
How we use Personal Information
- To provide you with the Website(s), services and magazine as well as related promotions, newsletters and information you request
- To respond to your inquiries and provide you with requested information and other communications, including email, alerts, notification of promotions, contests, and events
- To maintain, improve, customize, or administer the Website and magazine, improve the quality of our business, the Website, magazine and other services, resolve technical problems, improve security or develop other products and services
- To perform analytics for business purposes and business intelligence, such as monitoring traffic to our Website and counting ad impressions
- To maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Website and other services, databases and other technology assets and our business, including preventing fraud, detecting security breaches and prosecuting violators
- To identify and repair errors in our Websites’ functionality
- For any other purposes, which will be disclosed to you at the time we collect additional personal information and/or pursuant to your consent
How to opt-out
Privacy of Children
Children (persons under the age of 18) are not eligible to use our Site without the supervision of their parents. If you are under the age of 18 please do not submit any personal information to us or use any function of our Site without parental consent. This Site is not intended for use by anyone under the age of 13. If we discover that we have collected any personal information regarding a child 13 or under we will delete the information as soon as possible.
We do not use tailored advertisements or targeted advertisements.
All online purchase transactions are secure. Texas Highways Magazine does not hold or process payment information as part of the sale of magazine subscriptions or Mercantile products. This process is done on our behalf through Strategic Fulfillment Group.
Payment information for magazine subscriptions and Mercantile purchases is processed and maintained by Strategic Fulfillment Group. This company is PCI Compliant at the highest level as a Level 1 Service Provider. Strategic Fulfillment Group has access to your Personal Information only to the extent of performing their services such as credit card processing, order fulfillment, managing data, and customer service.
How secure is your information?
Information collected about your use of our Sites, including how you navigate the Site and information like browser, approximate location and device, are secured using Google Analytics’ authentication tools and are never made available to the public. This aggregated information is used only for internal review of our Site and to improve the performance of our products.
Personal Information such as email address or name, collected as part of newsletter signups or contest entries, is accessed only on secure computers and file storage in compliance with the Texas Department of Transportation Information Technology policy. We use Campaign Monitor and Granicus GovDelivery to manage our email marketing, including email address storage, and their privacy policies are available for review here: Campaign Monitor, GovDelivery.
All pages on TexasHighways.com, including those that collect information from users, are secured using HTTPS to encrypt customer information as it travels from your computer to our servers.
Access to your information
The Texas Department of Transportation maintains the information collected through order forms. With few exceptions, you are entitled, on request, to be informed about the information that we collect about you. Under Sections 552.021 and 552.023 of the Texas Government Code, you also are entitled to receive and review the information. Under Section 559.004 of the Government Code, you are also entitled to have us correct information about you that is incorrect.