Texas Highways Comment Policy and Community Guidelines
The mission of Texas Highways is to encourage travel to and within Texas. Our stories focus on Texas’ diverse cultural, historical, scenic, and recreational treasures. We desire to create an online community where all of our readers are able to express their opinions and experiences safely in a nonhostile environment. We prioritize transparency with our readers and seek to uphold the following guidelines to the best of our abilities. If you see a comment that is in violation of these guidelines that has not been deleted in a timely manner, please feel free to message us or send us an email at [email protected]. The following guidelines are subject to change.
We reserve the right to delete any comments in violation of the following guidelines:
- Profanity, targeted harassment, name-calling, doxing, or personal attacks are not permitted
- No spam, marketing, promotional, or repetitive posts
- No stereotypes or generalizations of groups that include but aren’t limited to gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability or other classifications.
- Comments should stay on topic
- Information in comments that is found to be false and does not meet our fact checking standards will be removed.
- Do not incite or encourage violence.
In addition, we promise to:
- Allow comments that are critical toward or represent different viewpoints than our storytelling or reporting
- Answer reader questions in a timely manner
- Make corrections to errors in our stories that have been missed by our fact checkers once we are made aware of them
- Let commenters know if they have violated our guidelines and their comment has been removed