- 1 flat of peaches, peeled and chopped
- 3 lemons, zested and juiced
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and allspice
Cook everything down in a sauce pot and puree with a blender after everything is cooked down about 30 minutes on low heat. The puree will freeze very well to keep after peach season, so you can keep using Hill Country peaches long afterwards.
Mary Ruth Peach Bellini
- 5 ounces Mary Ruth white wine from William Chris Vineyards, Hye TX.
- 3 ounces peach puree
- Fresh lime and a maraschino cherry to garnish. Serve on ice.
Matt Church is chef at the historic Hye Market in Hye, between Stonewall and Johnson City—in the heart of Texas Hill Country peach orchards.