Thin Line Fest wants to see your True Texas Travel Experience. Produce a video (up to 10 minutes) and go for the prize for the film festival’s new travel category sponsored by Texas Highways magazine.
Thin Line Fest – Texas’ International Documentary Film Festival is held in Denton – just north of Dallas/Fort Worth. The 11th Annual Thin Line Film Fest is April 18-22, 2018.
Entries currently being accepted. Early bird deadline: Oct. 31; Regular deadline: Nov. 30; Late deadline: Dec. 31; Extended deadline: Feb. 15.
The True Texas Travel Experience category is for the best short documentary featuring an authentic Texas travel experience. Films need to be ten (10) minutes or less. Judges will review traditional documentaries, mockumentaries, docufictions, docudramas, travelogues, events, or any film that celebrates the people, places and wide-open spaces that define the Lone Star State.
Rules & Terms
Video Submission Requirements
- Videos must be no more than ten (10) minutes in length;
- Submit videos using a Vimeo link through FilmFreeway.com/festival/ThinLine.
- If selected for exhibition, the final exhibit format must be a digital file (either h.264 @25Mbps+ or Apple ProResLT+).
- Video must be the Entrant’s original idea (modification of a previously published work shall not be considered an original idea). Entrants should not copy another’s idea, but entries will not be excluded merely because another Entrant film has similarities.
- By uploading a video, entrant warrants that he/she is the sole author and copyright owner of the entry or has the permission (via license or otherwise) to use or incorporate those entry portions authored or owned by third parties.
- Videos may not have been entered into any other contest or won any other award.
- Entrant shall not publish their films or submit them to other contests prior to the Film Fest screening.
- Entrant confirms and warrants required legal authority to use all music, images and content in the entry.
- Videos cannot contain material that Texas Highways magazine has determined, in its sole discretion, to be inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, defamatory, discriminatory, slanderous or libelous; nor
- Contain material that is unlawful, or in violation of or contrary to federal or state laws; nor
- Contain material that violates or infringes upon another’s rights, including, but not limited to, material that violates privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement.
- All participants in the video must understand and agree that the video will be shared publicly via social media and other online platforms.
- Videos may not include third parties, including, but not limited to, minors, celebrities and friends, who have not expressly authorized Entrants to display their image, likeness or voice. For anyone under the age of 18 appearing in a video, Entrant represents and warrants that the minor’s parents consented to the minor’s appearance in the video and the public display of the video on TexasHighways.com and social media sites.
- Entrant grants the State of Texas, including the Texas Department of Transportation and Texas Highways magazine a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, assignable, royalty-free license to publish, reproduce, distribute, display, perform, create derivative works, transmit or disseminate the Entrant’s video without further compensation.
- Entrant grants the State of Texas, including the Texas Department of Transportation and Texas Highways magazine a non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide, fully paid-up, assignable license to use Entrant’s name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, voice likeness, city and state address, and to use, reproduce, display, modify, and create derivative works of all or any portion of the video entry for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes in all media, including, without limitation, on air and within texashighways.com, Texas Highways social media sites and Texas Highways magazine in perpetuity, without further notice or compensation.
- Submission of a film to the True Texas Travel film category does not grant Texas Highways magazine or any third party any ownership to Entrant’s intellectual property beyond the license set forth above. Entrants retain ownership of their work.
- Entrants must be at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees of Texas Highways magazine, the Texas Department of Transportation and other companies associated with the promotion of the contest, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising and promotion agencies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each are not eligible to win prizes in the Travel category.
- Entries will be accepted January 16 – February 16, 2018.
- Entries will be judged and winners will be selected on or about March 1, 2018.
- The winners will be notified by email, mail or phone on or about March 16, 2018.
- Selected winners must submit final exhibition copies to the festival in digital format file (either h.264 @25Mbps+ or Apple ProResLT+) no later than April 4, 2018.
- All finalists and selected honorable mention entries will be highlighted on TexasHighways.com and in Texas Highways magazine’s social media postings.
- Up to 20 finalists will be invited to a special screening and red carpet event at the Thin Line Festival set for April 18 – 22, 2018 (award date to be determined) where the Grand Prize winner will be announced.
- One (1) Grand Prize winner will receive an unforgettable 4 night/5 day luxury Fredericksburg escape in the heart of the Texas Hill Country and a $2000 cash prize.
Release and Limitations of Liability
- By participating, entrants agree [a] to these rules and decisions of Texas Highways magazine, which shall be final in all respects relating to this promotion; and [b] ENTRANT RELEASES, DISCHARGES AND HOLDS HARMLESS THE STATE OF TEXAS INCLUDING TEXAS DEPT. OF TRANSPORTATION AND TEXAS HIGHWAYS MAGAZINE FROM ANY AND ALL INJURIES, LIABILITY, LOSSES AND DAMAGES OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM THEIR PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST.; Entrant acknowledges that all information provided to the Texas Dept. of Transportation or Texas Highways magazine is subject to the Open Records Act, Texas Government Code §552.